Wednesday 7 April 2010

Lima, Peru

yes lima, not macchu picchu. because peru has alot more to offer.

currently on a 10 day vacation in lima, peru. before coming, many people told me that im going to be pretty bored here and i should travel around peru more.

they dont know me very well.

im staying with my ex-roomies family and theyre great. theyve basically welcomed a complete stranger into their homes and have showed me all around the city. theyre generosity brings me to tears. they are really great people, and im super thankful to God for having them in my life right now.

observations:
1. apparently the fact that i came from ecuador stands out. the way we say ¨huh?¨ in english when we dont hear something, ecuadorians (and myself) say ¨mande?¨ while people here tend to say ¨como, diga, perdon¨ etc..
2. i thought food in ecuador was great..until i came to peru. so many more spices in every single dish. i dont know how ill ever eat ecua food again, let alone US food
3. to me, people here are alot nicer. yeah they stare, but im also one of the tallest people here. i havent worn makeup (its too hot here) and havent been too nicely dressed, but people keep telling me how pretty i am. different.
4. lima seems to resemble nigeria alot more, with the older buildings and busses and stuff. quite comforting.
5. things are definitely more expensive here. compare a meal for 2.50 in quito to the same meal here for 7 bux
6. lima = BEACH. nuff said. the family here made a good point: lima is one of the only capitals on the beach. compare that to quito, about 10 hours from the beach...

who wins? even tie. i love them both. where would i come back to if i had the chance? quito. because after being here, ive realized how much the quito area has begun to feel like home.

overall ive had a great time here. will post pictures upon my return.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had fun!! Tell me more! Who found you at the airport? Was it uncle leo? What is memo's house like? Is it true his daughter is kind of bratty? Did you eat ceviche? That's my dad's favorite. Where else did you go? Who did you go with? The kids? Just uncle leo? Tell me!!

    missing you lots roomie
    <3

    ReplyDelete