Thursday 29 April 2010

Las locuras de mi familia

(Translated into English)

Setting: dinner table, last night. Eating llapingachos (which I helped to cook!)

Cast:

· Mom (Guadalupe, host mom)

· Cristina (8 year old host sister)

· Felipe (8 year old host brother)

· Me (duh)

Me: So according to some website, raffael correa [president of Ecuador], was ranked the 8th best looking of all of the presidents in the world

Mom: YES!! I totally agree with that! He’s quite handsome *huge smile*

Felipe: *while eating* He has the eyes of a Chinese man…. You only like him because he kissed you on the cheek when he came here to Lumbisí!

Mom: Shut up!

Cristina: Hes sooooo ugly! He should have been the UGLIEST! Soooo ugly! YOU ONLY LIKE HIM BECAUSE HE GAVE YOU A KISS!!!

Mom: *frown*Shut up!!! You’re exaggerating! And what about Obama?

Me: I think he was number 3 or 4. He was up there too.

Mom: I agree with that too! He’s handsome as well

Felipe: And what about Michael Jackson? What number was he?

Mom: FE-LI-PE!!! Shut UP!

Cristina: And who was last?

Me: The president of Russia, I think

Cristina: If my dad were president, he would be the UGLIEST one!!!

Mom: SHUT UP!!! And if YOU were president?

Cristina: I wouldn’t wanna be president.

Mom: Well I wanna be president… of Lumbisí!

Cristina: Then YOU would be the ugliest!!!

Mom: Shut up!!!

Cristina: Who was the best looking?

Me: The president of Canada. A woman

Felipe: *eyes light up* Yeah, I heard she was pretty sexy!!!!!

Mom: WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT BEING SEXY?!

And so on and so forth.

Did I ever say how much I love my host family? (=

No comments:

Post a Comment