Tuesday 1 December 2009

Spring 2010 Coursework (@ la Universidad San Francisco de Quito)

Countdown till Ecuador: 30 days. Too geeked.

Yesterday I signed up for classes. So far I'm taking:

  • Lit Y Cine en Latina America (Literature and Film in Latin America) - Counts towards the "area studies" component of my major (Global Studies) and I'm TOO GEEKED because originally it was all full but I checked on it about a week later and there was one spot open [=. God is too cool. I hope this class is good since it was the only one that filled up that quickly.
  • Arte moderno latinoamericano (Modern Latin American Art) - an area study.
  • Arte colonial latinoamericano (Colonial Latin American Art) - Again, an area study. With those three classes my area studies component will be completed.
  • Conversacion Avanzada (Advanced Conversation) - my last advanced language requirement for my major
  • Frances Basico I (Basic French I) - because thats the next language that I want to tackle and I figure it'll be good to use Spanish as my dependent language
  • Capoeira!!!! - a super cool Brazilian martial arts/dance form. According to my Afro 340 class last semester, black Brazilian slaves would practice this in order to revolt but would make it look like a dance so they wouldn't get caught. pretty sweet.
  • Total: 15 hours (Capoeira counts as zero, which is just as well because I'd probably be horrible at it :P)

And yes, I'm taking all my classes in Spanish. And no, my Spanish really isn't all that good. But thats the fun of it right? :P

1 comment: